Friday, March 7, 2014

Dear Family, 
 
So this week I had an interesting experience haha. I got to teach in 100% english. It was actually super hard. So theres this white kid that I always see walking around and we alwasy look at eachother like....are you American? but on saturday he was like hey, are you american? and i was like yeah! are you? well turns out hes here from michigan and is doing a mission type thing i think. anyways so he speaks not a word of spanish so i taught him in english. he knows the bible super well and honestly i started feeling kind of stupid talking to him. It made me think a lot afterwards about what are my beliefs and what do i honestly know. and i realized something that really helped me. yeah, there are a ton of things that i dont know, but what i do know, i know with certainty. I know this gospel is true. I know that there is one way to return to our Heavenly Father. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that President Thomas S Monson is a prophet. I know that everything I am teaching is true and thats the only thing that matters honestly. 
 
We went to a funeral visitation yesterday and it was so sad. This dad of two boys, one is four and the other is thirteen died pretty suddenly and their mom is in the States and we went to support the family (we had never met him) and it was so sad. The thirteen year old Fernando was just crying and his little brother was like oh hes sad because my dad died and hes so innocent, he doesnt fully comprehend what that means. It was truly heartbreaking to see, but I just grew in my gratitude to our HEavenly Father for the plan that he left with us that we dont have to worry about what is happening after this life. I know that this little boy can eventually receive the consolation that he needs through the gospel. I thought a lot about you guys and I love you and am extremely grateful for you all!
 
I have completely fallen in love with the people of Guatemala, well most especially the people of Zacapa. They are so giving. They have nothing and yet they always offer us something. They are so loving and open and honest. We have changes in two weeks and if I have to leave this area, it will break my heart, it really will. But its good for me to see this other group of people. I want to be more like them.
 
I love you all! have great weeks!
 
 
 
Someones Pet


At Conference


Check out his shirt


No comments:

Post a Comment