Monday, November 25, 2013


We (the english speaking misisonaries in the area) have started an english class every Wednesday night, which is pretty fun! The crazy part about it though is that I have gotten to the point in spanish where I am not translating everything in my head, it just makes sense, so in that class sometimes I legitimately have to sit and think whether or not a person just talked to me in spanish or english. Its the weirdest thing! In this class though, a little boy and his dad showed up and I had talked to them one day in a shoe store while my comp was buying shoes. I gave the 10 year old a Book of Mormon because he said he likes to read. They found out about the class and came. Turns out he actually has been reading it! And I guess his older sister is a member. I love seeing the tender mercies of the Lord like that.

 

Last week, I received a priesthood blessing and seriously, it was the greatest thing. I know the Lord watches out for each and every one of us and listens to our prayers. I know the priesthood power is real, and that God can speak through men for us. I am so grateful for that!!

 

We had a funnyish encounter in finding a new investigator haha. We were walking to the bus stop and we were kciking this lime on the ground acting like 5 year olds haha and we accidently kicked it into this girl (she just laughed) and we started talking to her and it turns out her entire family used to come to our chruch but never got baptized. We are going to try to visit her this week!

 

Finally, I have learned how hard it is to love the people here. Not because I cant do it, but because when they are going through hard times or dont want to progress or wont use the Atonement in their lives, it hurts. I feel for them, and I just want them to do whats right. I have an even greater appreciation for Heavenly Father because I am sure He feels the exact same about every single one of us. He knows whats best but He cant and wont force us to do the right thing.

 

Philippians 4:1 and Colossians 2:5. I thought about you all when I read these scriptures. Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment