Wednesday, February 18, 2015

2/18/15
Ashtin gets BACK!!!!!!


2/16/15

Wow. I cannot believe that this is my last email that I will ever send to you guys from the mission. I still dont feel it at all. Well, okay, a little bit haha. I had to say bye to everyone in Chiquimula yesterday because today at 530am we left to come to the capital so that i could say bye to some people around here. I feel a mix of emotions...sad to leave these people, knowing that its very possible that I might never see them again, happy to be able to see my family and my friends again, content because I feel that I served as I shouldve these last 18 months. I wasnt close to perfect, but I really tried. I love Guatemala so much and it will always hold a space in my heart. The people I have met have changed my life. I have learned from the experiences and really been able to learn more about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. 

We had a wedding on Friday! Our investigators Sintian and Israel got married!!! wooohooo! my only wedding in the whole mission and my last friday. i was so happy. a lot of members came to support them, which was super sweet to see. they will get baptized on the 28th and i have every intention of skyping during that time.

I just want to end with my testimony. I know this church is true. I know that it is the only church that Christ has established here in the earth. The only church where He has placed His authority to act in His name. I know that Christ lives and forgives our sins. I know that the Atonement is real and when we apply it in our lives, we feel peace and joy and can really change who we are. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God as well as the Bible. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, just as Moses and Noah were. I know that God hears and answers our prayers. He knows whats best for our lives. I know that when we are obedient to His commandments...we receive peace and eternal life. Its hard, but its possible, and at the end of the day, its the only thing thats worth it. I know the priesthood power is real. I know my time in Guatemala has been a huge blessing in my life and that it wasnt a waste of time. I have become truly converted. I am so aware of all of my weaknesses now, but I have the rest of forever to change them.


2/9/15

Welp. This is my last full week here in the mission field. I cant believe the day has come. Really, it feels surreal. I ahvent accepted it yet, although i have started organizing what i should bring home and what gifts i need to buy. luckily were going to esquipulas today so i can buy stuff. im sorry in advance for not buying a bunch of souveniers but im trying to remember everyone and bring soemthing. its really hard though because we dont receive much time ever to do these things and my first two areas didnt have things to buy soo...

Last night i had a super good conversation with my companion. I was frustrated about the lack of communication in our companionship because it was really affecting us and our unity. I felt like I had been trying, but I also recognized taht I had a lot of fault in it. I didnt want to say anything to her because i didnt want to hurt her feelings, but las night i just felt so overwhelmed that i couldnt handle it anymore. we talked it out and were good now! i am so happy because we will be able to finish well :)

This is the week of the wedding! i am so excited :) i dont think theyll be getting baptized until after i leave which is sad but i am happy to at least see the wedding! they are so amazing and i just love them so much. it will be super hard to leave them, i wont lie.

we put as a goal this week to find 30 new investigators. its going to require a lot of work and focus...which is exactly whey we put that goal. to stay focused. 

the next time i write you, ill be in the capital and then will see you guys really soon :) i love you guys!


2/2/15

wellll. this week we had concilio again so we went to the capital on monday. on tuesday we had a really awesome concilio (like usual) and they passed a rule that we can now drink pepsi and coke so thats always fun. on the way back in the bus haha they were playing the movie ninja turtles (there was an accident so it took us 5 hours). i slept to not watch the movie but when i woke up i couldnt fall back asleep but the movie was basically over and so to avoid them putting another movie on...we gave them a church movie about the restoration hahaha. it was so great! i love being a missionary!
Okay so i have a story. so our fechas that are super awesome and are going to get married on the 13th. she started having doubts about the baptism because her mom who is catholic got involved and she had a headache at church(which she took as a sign that she shouldnt be there...we had a special session where we sat in the same room for three hours...even i had a headache). so instead of getting devastated, which is my normal response  haha, i decided to just hold out faith. we did divisions the next time we were going to visit them. in companionship study i had told the hermana that we were going to pray with her to receive an answer (she has a month in the mission). when the moment comes to pray...i completely forget. but she doesnt. she tells her that we want to pray with her and the lady agrees. when she asked, the spirit was so strong!! after the prayer she said i felt happy, im going to continue with my baptism. it was such a miracle and i left there so happy. i love this family so much! theyre super young and they are truly repenting and changing and that moment was so special. i was so grateful to that hermana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment