Friday, October 11, 2013


New Address:

hermana ashtin wilcoxen
mision guatemala este
apartado postal 951-A
Guatemala, Guatemala C.A.

HEY FAMILY!!! so I am in the field officially. I am in a polace called Zacapa and it is one of the hottest areas of Guatemala. I literally sweat 24/7. I have never been more grateful for a cold shower in my entire life. Seriously. Theres only one option in the shower and thats col and it is one of the best parts of the day haha. Im actually pretty used to it now and luckily we have fans in our room so I sleep with that on full blast. Our apartment is pretty nice. No bugs, well almost no bugs and its pretty big. A ton better than what I was expecting. 


My companion is Hermana Reyes and she is from the Dominican Republic. Shes so super patient with my spanish, its amazing. she talks pretty slowly to me which is nice. I cant really understand most of what other people say thouhg. I can talk to them but I cant understand...kind of hard to talk when you dont understand haha but you know. The Spirit is really helping me. Prompting me with what to say because I usually only have a basic understanding as to whats being said. I think I understandmy coimp thouhg. And if i dont well...i dont know it haha sooo.

 

I wont lie and say that its been all butterflies and rainbows but we had conference this past weekend and it was SO GOOD. I got to watch it in english, thank goodness and it really  helped me with what I am struggling with. I know I can do this with the Lords help. Everything will be alright.

 

Its really been humbling visiting the people here. They live so humbly. Im more than grateful for my life back home. 

 

Oh cool story. So this lady who is the primary presidency said that she had a dream that her cousin came to church (her cousin is a nonmember) with me because she said she liked the way that I taught. So we are visiting her prima this weekend. Ill let you know how it goes. I really need to pray that I can help though. Im so grateful for the Holy Ghost and the Lord. I couldnt do anything without them. I could not do anything for these people if not for them.

 

Love you all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment